Fairfield Parks and Recreation Phased Reopening – Phase 1: Begins May 15th
In order to prioritize the safety of our staff and visitors, we have created a phased plan for reopening our facility in a way that adheres to social distancing guidelines and other health recommendations.
The first stage, which begins Friday, May 15th, involves opening only the Cambridge SportsPlex areas, and in a limited fashion. Hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. No weekends, early mornings, or evenings.
Available facilities beginning May 15th:
- Walking track
- Cardio equipment
- One squat rack near walking track
- Limited cable weight machines – the ones normally available near the track
Unavailable until further notice:
- Pool, sauna, hot tub
- Roosevelt building – all weight rooms and fitness class rooms are off limits for the time being. The entire building will be off limits.
- Locker rooms – this includes showers, lockers, etc.
- Lounge areas and seating
- Personal training and fitness classes are not permitted until further notice for reasons of safety, space limitations, and social distancing requirements
Requirements for entrance into and use of the facility – failure to follow these requirements will result in immediate loss of use of the facility.
- Valid Photo ID - Entrance limited to Jefferson County residents ONLY for the time being, and you must use a valid photo ID to prove this residency. The ID must be valid, state your name, show your photo, and show your current Jefferson County address. No exceptions, no alternative proof accepted.
- All visitors and staff must pass a health questionnaire prior to being permitted to enter the building. This simple questionnaire will be per CDC guidelines on screening for COVID-19.
- All visitors and staff will be required to bring a mask and wear it correctly (covering mouth AND nose) at ALL times while within the facility.
- All persons within the facility will be required to maintain 6 feet of physical distance at all times.
- NO unattended children under the age of 15. Children under the age of 15 will be required to be with an adult member of their household at ALL times. Children are the only exception to the distancing rule. Children will be required to follow all rules that adults follow, including face mask use.
- Clean and sanitize all equipment thoroughly after use
- Wash hands frequently
- If you intend to use courts, you must bring your own ball, racquet, etc. No nets or other temporary installation equipment will be allowed. No borrowing of equipment from our facility will be allowed.
- No group activities or games allowed – no more than one person in an activity at a time.
- All patrons MUST use a water bottle if they need water, which they may fill at our water dispenser. No use of drinking fountains allowed.
- All patrons MUST be out by closing time at 4:30 pm – no exceptions.
These procedures are as prescribed and approved by our board and reviewed by Fairfield City Council in order to allow you all to resume use of our facility. We are required by the Governor of Iowa to enforce social distancing, and by our own leadership to enforce these restrictions.
We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you!