GARAGE SALE SIGNS:
• May be put up one day before sale.
• Must be taken down one day after sale.
• Maximum size is 4 sq. ft.
• No signs shall be put in “Parking” or “Right of Way”. Yard only.
• Must have Name/Address/Telephone number on back of sign.
• Only three (3) sale signs are permitted for one address. There shall be only one (1) sale sign relating to the same address in front of a single lot.
• Signs must be free standing. Absolutely no signs posted to utility poles, street lights, or street signs.
• No attention or attracting devices may be attached to the sign, such as, balloons.
• Must ask permission to put a sign in/on anybody’s property/yard other than your own.
VEGETATION REGULATIONS: Get those mowers ready – remember, all premises and exterior property shall be maintained free from weeds and plant growth in excess of ten inches. Also, vegetable and flower gardens shall be maintained free of weeds during the growing season.
In the event of failing to cut or destroy such weeds and plant growth, the department of public works may cut or remove these and assess the costs to the property owner.
Please keep your yard mowed (This includes the “parking” – the area between your sidewalk and the street) and your garden free of weeds.
TREE PLANTING: If you are interested in removing or planting trees in the City right-of-way, you must first file an application and obtain approval from City Hall; there is no cost to this. Trees planted in the City right-of-way must be on the recommended tree list.